Wednesday, December 24, 2008

All I want for Christmas is an...appendectomy??

Tis the season for surprises!! I spent Monday thru Wednesday at the new and luxurious Sacred Heart Medical Center. Tuesday morning I bid adieu to my appendix and I thanked it for a most memorable holiday season!!! When the Dr. came in to discharge me Christmas Eve day he said "are you the lady who is in such a hurry she took out her own IV?" Hey, you gotta do what you gotta do! The same with stitches, all you need are basic sewing skills to removed them. Am I right??
As per usually, Jason and the boys have stepped up and showed unusual valor in caring for me, baby and the house. Thank you so much for those who helped out the family and prayed for us.
Merry Christmas everyone!

Tamie Prociw at 11:34pm December 24
"For those of us that know you we aren't the least bit surprised that you took out your own IV. Afterall, didn't you used to throw darts with your old insulin needles? And didn't you get one stuck in the bottom of your foot causing your foot to cramp? Then there is your fascination with other people's injuries. :)
Hope you are feeling better now that you are home!"

6 comments:

Darilyn said...

Oh my gosh. What timing. I'm glad you are okay.

Margaret said...

Wow! Not the surprise I would have hoped for this Christmas! But I am glad it all went smoothly for you. Merry Christmas!

Teresa said...

So glad you're back home and that all went well with surgery. (I'm impressed that you're already blogging!) Looking forward to seeing you very soon!

rachel said...

Speedy recovery to you, Tammy!!
and Merry Christmas!

Suzy said...

Wow!! Tammy, that is wild!! I'm so glad you are okay. And at least you were home for Christmas. WOW.

Anonymous said...

Holy cow! Glad to hear that everything turned out ok!